Controller : DAP BRUSSELS (hereinafter the BROKER) whose contact details are indicated in the contact and legal information section of the website (hereinafter the Site).
If a Data Protection Officer (DPO) has been appointed, his/her contact details are on the Site.
DAP BRUSSELS is committed to respecting the privacy of the people it meets in the course of its activities.
By accepting this Policy, using the BROKER's services, registering for a BROKER's event or otherwise providing your personal data to the BROKER, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of this Policy and to the processing and transfer of Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
The Personal Data that we collect as part of our relationships, are :
- Personal information: name, address, e-mail, telephone numbers, sex, marital status, family information, date and place of birth, employer, job title and work experience, relationship with the insured, beneficiary or claimant.
Identification information: national identification number, ID card number, driver's licence number).
- Financial information: bank account number, income and other financial information.
- Information about the insured risk which may contain Personal Data and may include, only to the extent appropriate to the insured risk (1), medical data (current or past medical conditions, state of health,
- Information about injuries or disabilities, relevant personal habits, medical history, (2) criminal record data, criminal convictions, including traffic violations
- Information about the insurance policy, the quotes individuals receive and the policies they obtain.
- Information on previous claims for compensation which may include medical data, criminal record data, and other special categories of personal data
- Information on pending claims which may include medical data, criminal record data, and other special categories of personal data
- Marketing data according to the lawfulness of the processing in order to receive advertising from us and third parties.
We use this Personal Data to:
- Respond to your requests and communicate with you and others in the course of our activities.
- Allow you to access the information we make available online to users of our services
- Interact with you via our site.
- Send you a newsletter if you subscribe to it.
- Provide you with support and assistance in connection with our services.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our products and services, terms and conditions and other administrative, technical or business information.
- Make decisions about providing services to you.
- Conduct market surveys and analyses, including satisfaction surveys.
- Provide you with marketing information (including information about our products or other products and services offered by our selected third-party partners) in accordance with your expressed preferences.
- Enable you to actively participate in our activities, including forums, discussions, seminars, appointments and other events and manage these activities. Some of these activities are subject to additional terms and conditions that may contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information. We therefore suggest that you read them carefully.
- Resolve complaints and manage data access or correction requests.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and terrorist financing, respect judicial procedures and respond to requests from public governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
The legal bases for processing are as follows:
- the consent of the data subject who has, at any time, the right to withdraw his or her consent (without this compromising the lawfulness of the processing operation based on the consent given before the withdrawal);
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or for the performance of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the data subject;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
If we process Personal Data for purposes other than those set out in this Article, we will give you information about this new purpose and any other necessary information before starting the new processing.
We do not use decision-making techniques based on automated processing that produce legal effects concerning or significantly affecting the data subject.
DAP Brussels may make Personal Data accessible to the following persons and entities:
- External third party service providers such as insurance companies, experts, computer system service providers, support, hosting, printing service providers and other similar third party vendors and outsourced service providers who assist us in the performance of our activities.
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in a legal action or under a legal obligation
- Other third parties with whom we may share Personal Information in connection with a current or proposed reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, portfolio transfer or other transaction related to all or part of our business.
DAP Brussels does not transfer data outside the European Union.
DAP Brussels takes appropriate technical and organisational measures in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your Personal Information you may have with us may have been compromised), please notify us immediately.
When DAP Brussels provides Personal Data to a service provider, the service provider will be carefully selected and shall use appropriate measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data.
DAP Brussels takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data processed are reliable for the intended use, and as accurate and complete as necessary to achieve the purposes described in this Policy.
Customer data is retained for 40 years after the end of each contract. In the case of individuals who have accepted this Policy but have not subscribed to products, personal data will be destroyed 12 months after acceptance of this Policy.
You have the right to access, rectify, oppose the use of, or request the deletion, limitation or portability of your Personal Data on certain bases. Please contact us at the address on the front, proving your identity by means of a copy of your identity card, with all your requests or if you have any questions or concerns regarding the way we handle your Personal Data. Please note that certain Personal Data may be exempted from rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation, objection or portability in accordance with the Belgian DGPS or Privacy Laws.
We review the rules contained in this Policy regularly and reserve the right to make changes at any time to reflect changes in our business and legal requirements. We invite you to visit our website regularly.
If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your Personal Data and feel that contacting us will not resolve the problem, applicable privacy laws recognize your right to complain to the appropriate supervisory authority.